Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Don't Be Dumb And You Won't Get Scammed!


From : Jack Dikko
Note:please reply to my private e-mail box below:
(jack.dikko1983@yahoo.com)
Urgent / Assistance
Hello Dear,
Permit me to inform you of my desire of going into business relationship with you. I know this mail may come to you as a surprise, since we have not known or written before.
After you receive this mail kindly contact me on my private e.mail contact below. introducing myself, I am Jack Dikko , the Only Son of the late Mr and Mrs Fota Dikko, my father was a gold and cocoa mercahnt based in accra, ghana and Abidjan (Ivory Coast), he was poisoned to death by his business associates on one of their business trips. before the death of my father on 29th june 2006 in a private hospital here in Abidjan.
He secretly called me on his bedside and told me that he has a sum of usd $6.5M ( Six Million Five Hundred Thousand U.s ), deposited in a suspence account in one of the prime bank here in Abidjan Ivory Coast, that he used my name as his only Son for the next of kin in depositing of the fund.
1) To assist me in retriving this money from the bank.
2) To serve as the guardian of this fund.
3) To make arrangement for me to come over to your country to further my education and to secure a residential permit in your country moreover, I am willing to offer you 15% of the total sum as compensation for your effort/input after the successful transfer of this fund to your nominated account overseas.
E-mail address above (jack.dikko1983@yahoo.com)
Anticipating to hear from you soon. Awaiting your reply immediate and God bless.


Regards
Jack Dikko.
Please reply to my private email box below: (jack.dikko1983@yahoo.com)
This was the nth letter I received from a scammer. It's surprising to know that they are everywhere. Before, these people will mail you directly on yahoo. But now they have a lot of alternatives to contact you. Now, they'll get you in networking or communities you've signed up in. 'Pooch got a message in Friendster before from a lady who says she's stuck in a certain camp in Senegal who happens to get a large sum of money but couldn't get it for some reasons. 

So she wants to tie up with him ('Pooch or maybe anyone she's mailing) to get the money and in return she will be YOURS and you will get some money from her as well. I tried to trick her by letting her feel that I'm ignorant of what she's up to - to see what answers she'll give me while finding out ways to block the yahoo account she's using. Although blocking her account may not mean she can't do this scamming thing no more, I still sent her email address to yahoo.

A colleague's friend received a mail from someone claiming to be a staff of some company and informed her that she won a car. In order for them to ship the car they need to send some documents to her, and sending the docs means sending money to that alleged company. I printed out sample letters of the same which I got from the web of that having the same serial winning code. I thought that will help if she present it to her friend. However, my colleague's friend is determined to continue coordinating with the staff by calling them. She has sent money as well. We haven't heard a news that they received a car til now.

Now the mail I've pasted above from a certain Jack Dikko was sent through my Mobango account. I've no time now to have their email address blocked coz it's useless wasting my time since they can have free email accounts whenever they want to, one person may have a thousand email addresses for the sole purpose of scamming.

Be careful. One thing we should bear in mind is that - we won't win in any contest unless we join. Don't be a dumbass!

No comments: